We have now been performing same-day joint replacements for over 4 years, and as of this time have successfully completed over 1300 outpatient knee, hip and shoulder replacements. Using our AVATAR outcomes-based, accelerated recovery technique, we can now offer these procedures to patients traveling from a distance, including outside the United States. This is done by offering a fixed price for the care episode which includes the following:
- Preoperative case and records review
- Preoperative office consultation
- Comprehensive patient education
- Any necessary preoperative x-rays
- Implant costs and other durable medical equipment
- Facility fee for the ambulatory surgery center
- Postoperative physical therapy for the day patients remain local
- Daily visits from the care team
- Comprehensive instructions on departure
- Concierge personal contact
Patients are responsible for the cost of travel to our facility as well as lodging and meals during their stay. In addition, any medications that patients need for postoperative pain management may need to be purchased at a local pharmacy unless arrangements can be made in advance to obtain these prior to arrival.
By maintaining complete control over the perioperative process, we can deliver the highest quality of care. Patients can pay one fixed price to cover all of these services. For patients traveling from abroad, continued physical therapy services can be arranged upon return home under one’s standard insurance. This should be arranged in advance. The same is true for patients traveling from a distance within the United States.
We are conveniently located about one hour north of Boston which has an international airport with many direct flights. We are roughly 300 miles from Montreal or about a 4.5-hour drive.
For patients traveling from Canada, we worked exclusively with Health Vantis to coordinate the travel aspects and case management for orthopaedic medical tourism.
For more information see: www.healthvantis.ca
If you would like to learn more about our program, please contact us at: [email protected]
Procedures we currently offer for orthopaedic medical tourism:
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Partial knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse shoulder replacement
- Partial shoulder replacement
- Resurfacing shoulder replacement
- Rotator cuff repair
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
We currently do not offer spine surgery.